Rosamund Pike Says She Was Requested to ‘Tumble’ Her Costume All the arrangement in which thru Audition for Die Any other Day
Earlier than incomes an Oscar nomination for Long gone Girl, Rosamund Pike says she persevered a much less than contented skills whereas looking to interrupt into Hollywood.
“My first audition used to be for a Bond film and I be conscious them pronouncing I used to be to drop my costume and appear in my lingerie,” Pike, 39, no longer too long in the past recalled to Amazon’s Audible Sessions, as reported by The Fair.
The actress, who used to be 21 at the time, would scoot on the steal the strategy of Miranda Frost in the 2002 James Bond movie Die Any other Day. All the arrangement in which thru her audition, nonetheless, she stated she didn’t assassinate what used to be requested of her.
“On the day, I don’t know the arrangement I got the resolve and energy of will, but I unbiased thought if they’re gonna look me in my lingerie, they better give me the job. So, I thought, ‘There’s no arrangement I’m going to prefer off a costume in the audition for this tape to be sent round Los Angeles and to be judged on that.’”
RELATED VIDEO: Rosamund Pike Doesn’t Believe She Has Any Style and We’re Stressed
Pike advised the podcast that she arrived at the audition in a costume her grandmother gave her. As but one more, a costume designer on the film quick she save aside on one thing else to get the fragment.
“He stated, ‘That’s a undoubtedly elegant costume, but in Bond motion photos we save aside on issues a chunk of extra be pleased this,’ and he held up three pieces of string and I observed I used to be arrangement out of my depth,” she recalled.
“So, I positioned on this shimmering sheath, or no matter the instruct of the day used to be, but I didn’t drop it.”
Despite her reservations whereas making an try out for the film, Pike stated “there wasn’t an ounce of feeling heart-broken whereas I used to be on that quandary.”
“I gaze support over my skills on the Bond film and mediate, my goodness [producer] Barbara Broccoli used to be arrangement earlier than all this #MeToo motion,” she stated.
- Fine Beasts: Uncommon New Photo From The Crimes of Grindelwald – IGN
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founder’s Model Review and Benchmarks – IGN
- Ariana Grande explains why she’s dated so many favorite guys – AOL
- Here is What You Receive From The ‘A Spooky Message’ Special Examine In ‘Pokémon GO’
- Jimmy Fallon’s duet with Sophia the robotic is as candy as it’s unsettling
- Sugar from cranberries may perchance perchance perchance fight cancer, relate Scottish researchers
- Bo Burnham’s ‘Eighth Grade’ is now no longer trying to educate you the leisure, and that’s the reason the sweetness of it
- Apple’s $one thousand iPhones are turning it into a luxury label — and it would possibly possibly well additionally lose a full generation of clients
- As Les Moonves Allegations Engulf CBS, the Murphy Brown Revival Will Air a #MeToo Episode
- Avengers: Infinity Battle: Don Cheadle Confirms That Assign Ruffalo Fully Corrupt the Ending